Friday, June 25, 2010

A late Midsummer writing


Hello again!

It´s been awhile since I wrote something on this blog. But I haven´t stopped with my mission. I still read and I´ve actually finished reading these books now:

* Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
* Fiesta: The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
* In Cold Blood by Truman Capote

I´m now halfway through the book Nausea by Jean-Paul Sartre. I´ve got a lot of notes lying around just waiting for me to get to them. I will probably have to seperate them and write little by little on this blog. Especially Heart of Darkness, that book really had a profound way into my heart and soul as well as my mind. I just loved the way Joseph Conrad expressed himself in this book. Each sentence was just soo wonderful and I kept interupting myself by reading the same sentence over and over, just because it was soo beautiful. I will come back to that book later on in another post.

What I´m going to bring up now is actually something that I picked up reading and listening to Benicio Del Toro´s interviews. He spoke about what he appreciate in people. The words that kind of spoke to me the most were: "the ability to see that everyone is different, that you can be smart in different ways". He continued speaking about how he dislikes when people generate something or someone, that it either has to be this or that. I would like to add to that, it´s generally not how you are as a person or where you are from that says who you are or where you belong. It´s generally how other people sees you or their perception of you. Then we have people who doesn´t see it that way, or they don´t even think about for an example where you are from or what you look like. They can see something beyond the horizon or the sky. I´ve recently had such an experience and it´s wonderful to be around that kind of attitude. It´s like being in the presence of the sun and its beaming sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment